From their website:
Targo backpackers aims to provide a range of services to holiday makers, including various types of farm work, budget accommodation and friendly staff that will provide local knowledge of places to go and things to do in Bundaberg! We are located in central Bundaberg, which is only about 4 hours north of Brisbane. Bundaberg is easily accessible by bus or tilt train from Brisbane Roma Street Terminal. Bundaberg also offers all year round farm work, sun, sand, turtle tours and more.
Targo Backpackers hostel has a range of rooms available to suit all budgets and group sizes.
- Most rooms are Air Conditioned or with ceiling fans help keep you cool during the summer months.
- Room are big and roomy with high and comfiest bunks.
- We have Privates rooms, to 4, 6 to 8 share dorms
- We also have holiday homes that cater to families or large groups.
- We have TV, entertainment areas and fast wifi upto 1GB a day per device that is 30GB a month. So if you’re looking for Somewhere to Stay in Bundaberg, book in today.
Work is available to anyone who has a working holiday visa.
E.g backpackers, students, travellers or even for people who wish to migrate to this country.
Our farm partners are:
- Workers employed on hourly rate of $22 /hour and piece contract rate (paid per Kg)
- Currently offering $.55/kg for pickers and by the punnet for packers
- Season runs from April-Sept
Lychee farm Offering hourly rate work. $20/hourly and piece rate
Mangoes Offering $20/ hourly and piece rate
Season runs from December to February.